Menu
Douglas-K123
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Potentially faulty router, wondering if a swap can be made before an engineer visit due to Covid.

I have recently had issues with my router rebooting daily between midnight and 1 am. This issue had been going on for nearly a year until 2 months ago when it stopped. However, 2 days ago the issue has resurfaced. 

The point of this post is to request a new router before having an engineer visit as we are very conscious about covid and would not like anyone else to enter. If the router replacement does not fix the issue, then we will be forced to request an engineer but at a later date, so I'd rather see if a replacement fixes the issue. 

Here is a BQM.

To reiterate, I don't want a diagnosis from this thread, but would rather a representative inform me of my options in regard to sending a replacement router before an engineer's visit.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Potentially faulty router, wondering if a swap can be made before an engineer visit due to Covid.

Might help if you posted a link that actually works.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Douglas-K123
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Potentially faulty router, wondering if a swap can be made before an engineer visit due to Covid.

Apologies, I copied the wrong link. 

This is the proper link. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Mmmm not great. People on here can help with diagnosis but as you want VM input only - either wait till they get here (5-10 days) or call in at 08.00 to get through with least wait times.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Douglas-K123
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I shall call them then. 
Have a good day. 

0 Kudos
TrueVerdict
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

dude... like less than 5% of routers are fault ... probably far less than that even...  you provide so little information in your post.

If you are running wifi and get drop outs - 100% you just have crap wifi in your home... get a powerline/mesh system.

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you find my responses help or amuse you in any way, please cheer me up and give me some Kudos - - - - Services: Hub3 500mb speedtest.net result 22 Jan 2021 = 550mb down / 36mb up Ping 12
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@TrueVerdict wrote:

dude... like less than 5% of routers are fault ... probably far less than that even...  you provide so little information in your post.

If you are running wifi and get drop outs - 100% you just have crap wifi in your home... get a powerline/mesh system.

He may well have poor wifi - but that's not causing the Hub reboots and a lousy BQM!

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@TrueVerdict wrote:

You recommend powerlines? Really? 🤣

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos