Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Potential workaround for issues with Hub3 and Powerline adapter issues

I've had a Hub3 for about 6 months, bought TP-Link TL-WPA8630PKIT V2 powerline adapters and noticed every few weeks the connection would be lost.

This was resolved the first few times by turning off the router and also occasionally needing to pair the Powerline adapters again. 

Today this wouldn't work. I was unable to access the router settings both via the app and a browser, even after rebooting the hub by turning off the power. The hub couldn't be rebooted by the app. I tried pairing the adapters but that didn't work also. Not being able to access the router settings on the app or browser started to make me think it was a router issue. 

So I googled the issue, found a forum with someone who had attached an ethernet switch to one of the ports on the back of the router, letting the switch handle the traffic management I suppose. 

I had an ethernet switch handy so tried it. Immediately I could access the router settings and the Powerline adapters started working again. 

I'm not sure if this will continue to work but it was very promising when it immediately fixed the issue for me.

Thought I'd share.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Potential workaround for issues with Hub3 and Powerline adapter issues

I've had similar problems so I'll give this a try, thanks for the advice.

0 Kudos