Menu
rasher77
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Potential new Customer

Hi all,    Im thinking of moving over from BT as they have got way expensive for Ultra fast BB.   I've read the horror stories on here and on trust pilot ref drop outs on hub 3 & 4.    If I signed up to Virgins M500 and used the hub 3 or 4 as a modem feeding my gaming wifi 6 router, would it be just as fast or would drop outs still happen the same ?   Would the Hub 3 or 4 bottleneck the 500meg speed to the expensive router I've bought ?   thanks in advance 🙂

Al

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Potential new Customer

Assuming the connectivity is fine in your location - ask your neighbours whether they have any VM connection issues - then modem mode with the gaming router should be absolutely fine. Its the Hub3/4's poor wifi that's the real issue - but not a factor when in modem mode

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

thank you for your post. I am happy to check  the utilisation in your area for you although I am confident all will be fine.

I will send you a private message for your address so I can check this for you.

many thanks

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

deans6571
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@VM-Jon wrote:

Hi,

thank you for your post. I am happy to check  the utilisation in your area for you although I am confident all will be fine.

I will send you a private message for your address so I can check this for you.

many thanks

Jon

.....why was I never offered this check in my thread here :

Re: Internet Been Flaky recently - engineer for ar... - Page 9 - Virgin Media Community - 4491032

😠