Menu
Conn1201
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Post RS Errors

Hoping someone can help.

I've used this site before and managed to get an engineer sent out who fitted a HDU Box as the power levels were extremely low. For the best part of half a year the internet has been perfect, but the past month the power being received has decreased and the internet completely shuts off now, and every device has lost connection for a few minutes. I've screen shotted the most recent data and will post below.. I also have another query, we have a TiVo box v6 that has been stuck on the welcome screen load up for 2 days. I've researched online and only seen that disconnecting all leads from the back and reconnecting after a short while should fix but I've tried multiple times over the past few days and I've had no luck. The box has been switched off for a few hours now and I'm not sure what to do with it as its used quite a lot within the household.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks in advance...

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 11.44.43.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-27 at 11.45.01.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-27 at 11.45.46.png

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Post RS Errors

Downstream power levels are just within the lower spec of -6, and Upstream looks okay.  However there are far too many PostRS errors, so there is something amiss with the incoming circuit, possibly noise.  An engineer will need to sort this out.

Set up a BQM for future reference, www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

0 Kudos
Conn1201
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.

How am I to go about getting an engineer out?. Also I've just set up a BQM but not sure what for?.

Again how am I to go about getting help with the Tivo box too if anybody could help?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Conn1201 wrote:

Thanks for the reply.  
How am I to go about getting an engineer out?. Also I've just set up a BQM but not sure what for?.
Again how am I to go about getting help with the Tivo box too if anybody could help?
Thanks

A VM Mod will get to this within a few days.  Otherwise ring in at 08:00 for shortest queues. 

The BQM provides historical information on the state of your incoming circuit, handy if you need proof of poor service.!  It is also useful information for the users here to comment on if required.

Any visiting  engineer will also be able to sort out the TiVo issue as well.

0 Kudos
Conn1201
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help and time pal.. greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there @Conn1201

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that you've had some issues with your broadband and TV services; thanks so much for posting your logs already; I can see that our Community have already been helpful enough to take a closer look for us. 

I have not been able to locate your account from your forum information so have been unable to take a closer look or book a technician for you as yet; I am sorry. What I'll do is pop you a Private Message so we can take some details and take a closer look for you. Look out for a purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

If you could also let us know what the issue is with your TiVo, that would be great 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos