Menu
Mahf51
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ports not opeing.

Hi I am trying to open up ports super hub 3 went in to advanced aettings also in port triggering ports nothing working have put in correct port setting when I check online on a port tester it says ports are closed also tried rebooting hub still no luck I have also allowed ports in firewall or it is virgin media are blocking ports.

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Ports not opeing.

Assuming you have correctly configured the hub, then something needs to be “listening” on those ports for them to show as open when using a port scanner. 

what specifically are you trying to achieve? Do you have a web/vpn/other server behind your hub that you want to expose to the internet, or is it for gaming/other purposes?

0 Kudos
Mahf51
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

No vpn or anything like that was trying to open up port 51100 to use on droid star application.

0 Kudos
g0akc
Rising star
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Mahf51 wrote:

Hi I am trying to open up ports super hub 3 went in to advanced aettings also in port triggering ports nothing working have put in correct port setting when I check online on a port tester it says ports are closed also tried rebooting hub still no luck I have also allowed ports in firewall or it is virgin media are blocking ports.

Did you save the settings? - there's a save button to click usually

if you go back into the hub settings pages do the port forwarding rules still show

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have no clue about the app that you’re trying to get working but since it looks like an android app, does the android device have a static IP address or a reservation on the hub, and if it has a reservation have you disabled the randomised MAC address feature on the phone/tablet? If not, it’s probably getting random addresses every time it connects...

0 Kudos
Mahf51
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the help sorted it out went to  no-voip and activated the ports from there now everything works fine.

0 Kudos