[update: it seems to be working, so, perhaps, never mind?]
can I get a definitive answer on whether port forwarding on a Superhub 3 works, and if so, how to set it up?
TL;DR: I can’t get manually set up forwarding to work at all.
A few details:
* I’ve just upgraded from a Superhub 2ac — port forwarding worked fine there, but it had other problems...
* I’ve got a Synology NAS on my network which opens ports on the router via UPNP and these seem to work fine.
* I use a DHCP reservation for my Mac at 192.168.0.10 (via WiFi) and the Synology at 184.108.40.206 (wired).
* I am mostly interested in ports 22 (ssh) and 5900 (vnc). The ports work fine within the lan (I.e., locally via 192.168.0.10) but not externally.
* I have tried adding the ports in numerical order but this doesn’t seem to matter.
* I have tried this with both the firewall up and down.
* the network does have a second router attached by Ethernet and set up in bridge mode (it is old and doesn’t have enough ports or good enough Wi-Fi for me to put the hub into modem mode and use as my sole router). FWIW, it’s an old Apple Time Capsule.