cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor wifi

Kim00
Just joined

My house is18 Metres from the front to the back my router is at the back of the house I can’t get Wi-Fi at the front of the house. Do Virgin have a good booster box.

1 REPLY 1

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

VM offer wifi "pods" to extend the range of wifi. These are free on (telephone) request to customers on the high end Gig 1 speeds and all customers who have Volt contracts or who have registered an O2 pay monthly contract to qualify for Volt benefits.  Go here, and look at the options for how to qualify for Volt - if you're easily able to move an existing phone contract to O2 as a SIM only deal (without incurring penalties from the existing provider) that's possibly a no-cost option.

If you don't and can't qualify for Volt, then VM offer the pods for £5 a month.  That can appeal to some customers, but it adds up (on top of this year's stonking price rise), and over 18 months or so it generally makes more sense to splash out around £80-120 on buying your own wifi mesh system.  Buying your own mesh (eg a TP-Link Deco M4 or S4 system) will give you more control and slightly better performance, but if the thought of setting up your own wifi gear fills you with horror, then maybe the £5 a month makes sense for you.