Menu
VanessaJackman
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Poor wifi

App saying great signal in all rooms, but it definitely isn't!! Called Virgin Media again today and they advised Virgin Intelligent Pods, but they are out of stock. Please can someone advise what else I should buy to boost our signal strength in several rooms? Many thanks

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor wifi

Why not just get your own better wireless router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you're having connection problems in multiple locations where the signal appears to be good, then put your wallet away, because the fault may well lie with a dodgy broadband connection rather than wireless performance.  Until we've established what's actually going on, you can safely ignore any suggestions to buy your own wifi kit.

Connect to the hub by clicking on this link http://192.168.0.1/  That should pull up the log in page for the hub.  But don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  Open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time.

Then we can check for any obvious problems with power, noise or error counts.  If that's all we can get you to do more tests to see if there's latency or packet loss problems.  Only if all tests come back as sound would it make sense to start thinking about spending money on better wifi gear.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
g0akc
Rising star
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Do a Wi-Fi scan with a suitable app and see what that shows. All around the house - different rooms.

Look at buying your own 3rd party router or mesh system.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos