Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Poor wifi

Ok so rejoined virgin from sky and the WiFi is poor and want to cancel due to the broadband service not as good as sky. I’ve brought WiFi booster and even Ethernet plugs so my son can play online games for his pc but didn’t have to when with sky was told the package is correct for 6 people in the house who all use internet, been mislead not happy and out of pocket 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor wifi

So are you looking for help on sorting out the technical issues, just making a statement or trying to cancel your service?
If the latter then you will have to do that over the phone or in writing.
Wifi can be problematic for some users on a Hub3 but there are things you can do to try and improve that ranging from changing some of the Hub's settings to just not using the Hub's wifi and sorting out your own gear (which is what I do).

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

cancelling is the last resort to be fair but it seems every couple of days my second TiVo box as poor WiFi so I unplug the router and reconnect and this gets boring so  what could I do to the hub settings etc I assumed they set up ready to work 

thanks for the reply 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

First thing to try is....
Access your Hub settings - (go to http://192.168.0.1 your browser) and navigate to the “smart wifi” page and then tick the "disable channel optimisation” box and save settings.
After doing that - go in to advanced>wireless>security, and just rename the 2.4 & 5 GHz network ssid's (just change 'em to something like ... xxxxx2 & xxxxx5 so you know which is which) change and use the same password for both, save settings and restart Hub.
Over wifi you will then individually need to re-select the network that you want each device to connect to (as they have different names & password).
Not sure how the booster will cope with the changes (I dont have them) but I guess you will at least need to reset them and set up again. Try and get it to boost the 5GHz signal if possible as
the V6 works best on 5GHz - if the V6 can't get that signal then there are other options.
See if that helps if not you can always reset it all back with a pinhole reset of the Hub.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos