cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor wifi signal

jollyms
Joining in

Very poor wifi signal for 2 weeks now. The speed to the hub shows as around 230mbs but wifi does not go above 30-35mbs regardless of the time of the day. Sometimes in the afternoon the wifi signal strength is down to 13mbs. It’s hard to stream a video or work from home. Ive reset the hub multiple times and it doesnt improve the situation. If that matters, Im located in NW6 postcode though every time i check there arent any area network issues reported. Id appreciate a Virgin Agent to get in touch since its extremely hard to get to a human over the phone. Thank you

26 REPLIES 26

jollyms
Joining in

Can I get an answer soon please since contacting via phone is mission impossible?

Hi @jollyms,

Thank you for expanding. I've just checked the live BQM link that you've provided and I can't see any notable concerns there at the moment. How are things today? Are these issues ongoing?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hey jollyms, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

I can see my colleague did reply to you, did you manage to see the reply at all? Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi,

As stated before, the issue is intermittent but consistently showing up in the last 2 months, please arrange for a technician visit, I can no longer maintain this thread, it’s exhausting and gets nowhere. Thank you

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey, jollyms.
Thanks for keeping us updated although I'm sorry to see your connection issues have been ongoing and the frustration this has caused.
It's not the level of service and the experience we want for you, we're eager to help out. 

Upon our latest checks I can confirm there seems to be an issue with the network stability at the minute, this will need further investigation.

We’re starting our monitoring and will check your connection over the next 24 hours. 
Once we’ve completed our checks, we’ll send you a text update to the mobile number registered.

If everything is back to normal we’ll let you know, but if we find there is still an issue we’ll arrange a service visit by one of our technicians to run additional checks.

If the time and date of the service visit isn’t convenient, you’ll be able to change it online here.

Please, do let us know how things go from here, we'll be happy to know what's the updates and if you need more help.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jollyms
Joining in

Thanks for the follow-up, Adri. So far no issues have been detected, I will keep on monitoring and let you know if the problem re-occurs. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update jollyms!

I'm glad no further issues are apparent.

If you do have any other queries then be sure to pop back up to the team for further assistance.

Regards,

Kain