Menu
garyh13
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Poor wifi signal

Hi,

I have recently became a customer of virgin and have had wifi installed however I am having problems with poor connectivity and signal. I have an old house with brick walls and the signal doesn't appear to travel far at all. I tried the regular booster but this didn't work, I was advised that Virgin are know rolling out a new mesh system which the Virgin engineer told me about at install, he said that this would vastly improve my signal within my home. Can anyone tell me how I can request this new mesh system? I have tried calling the 1111 number but it is always automated and can never seem to get a hold of a person to talk to.

Additionally I have found that even within the room I have my router connected in that I still get a relatively poor (2 bars on the phone icon) signal, this means connectivity to my outdoor nest cams becomes a real issue. Is there anything that I can do to improve this. 

All help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Gary

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor wifi signal

The new "pods" are only free on Gig1 or Ultimate Oomph bundles.

Otherwise you need to pay £5 per month rental.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
garyh13
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

thanks for the help. I do have a 1gig package, but how do I request these? 

cheers,

gary

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Phone up and request one

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
garyh13
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've tried phoning the customer service number ending in 1111 but can never get through to anyone to request one. Is there another number I can call?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No that's the only number

0 Kudos