Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Poor internet on SMART TVs

So, I have had Virgin Media for 10 months now and have never got a good internet connection on any of my 3 SMART TVs.... one is new and in same room as router, but nearly every day it crashes when trying to watch amazon prime or Netflix. I never had a problem with the TV in old house (1/2 mile away) and with same TVs (was on vodaphone internet there). Any advice? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor internet on SMART TVs

Connect them to the Hub with ethernet cable.

IP provided Hubs are renowned for their poor Wi-Fi, and at the best of times Wi-Fi is a fickle beast that can be affected by numerous things such as distance from the Hub,  building construction, other electronic devices, neighbouring Wi-Fi, basically all sorts.

VM supply to the Hub, after the Hub it is up to you.

Many on here, myself included advocate the use of a third party Gigabit capable Wi-Fi router or Mesh system.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor internet on SMART TVs

Try splitting the SSID's into 2.4 and 5 GHz separate ones - and disabling channel optimisation at the same time - that may help stabalise their connections - although Mike is right - ethernet cable connect them wherever you can

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos