Menu
Faysalahmed
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Poor installation

Had WiFi hub 3 installed by an engineer and they located it under the stairs behind a closed door. Did not know it would give  a weak signal as signal keeps buffering. I've asked virgin to relocate it as it was the engineer who installed the hub there. It even says on the virgin media website that hub should not be installed at a closed space. Virgin want to charge me £100 for relocating when it was the incompetence of the engineer that installed it. Will Virgin media sort this out. If they don't I'll have to switch supplier to another broadband provider

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor installation

@Faysalahmed wrote:

Had WiFi hub 3 installed by an engineer and they located it under the stairs behind a closed door. Did not know it would give  a weak signal as signal keeps buffering. I've asked virgin to relocate it as it was the engineer who installed the hub there. It even says on the virgin media website that hub should not be installed at a closed space. Virgin want to charge me £100 for relocating when it was the incompetence of the engineer that installed it. Will Virgin media sort this out. If they don't I'll have to switch supplier to another broadband provider

maybe.. though if you signed the acceptance form when the work was completed, they will probably try to charge you £100 for it.

Doubt that you'll get much traction with the call centre staff - you may get a bit more sympathy from the forum staff, but you'll have to wait 5 - 10 days for a response from them..  

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor installation

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Keep-losing-connection/m-p/4588400

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos