Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Poor connection keeps dropping out

Hi

i have great speed on my broadband but it keeps dropping out and booting out of online gaming etc.  I am having to reboot hub to get things working again.  Connection speeds show fine though?!?

Have searched other posts ad seem to contain some complicated data which I have no idea how to obtain.  I’m a bit of a technophobe and trying my hardest to get things going, kids are driving me mad and ringing customer services only results in them rebooting the hub and then struggling to understand me!  I’m at my lockdown wits end!!

would appreciate any help/advice

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor connection keeps dropping out

On a wired or wireless connection?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wireless

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Not sure what it means but my daughter is online gaming and it has a 5 bar thing on the screen which shows the ‘Ping’?

it is normally green 4 or 5 bars and at around 30 but like it is now it is red with 1 bar and at 800? This happened until I reboot the hub.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Try a wired connection instead. Wireless is never recommended for gaming and the like. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Never had a problem in years only recently so figured there’s something wrong.  It isn’t only gaming but is more obvious there as the kids get booted out of their games.

0 Kudos