Menu
samuel07
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Poor boardband speeds with poor customer service

Having been with BT for over 15 Years, I thought I would give Virgin a chance after the sale rep knocked on the door. 2 months into my new service, I wish I hadn't bothered switching. I do understand the systems go down, but to get 3mbps when I'm on a 200mbps is a joke. I'm an IT consultant by trade, help-desk agent: can you change your network cable, why I ask, Agent,OK then can you reset your Hub 3? why I ask, agent sometimes this has to be done? I told him this isn't the issue, so he passed me over to the gadget team who are based in Canada.

Gadget team how can I help you, I have a broadband speed issue, sorry they put you through to the wrong team. After taking some information, I ended the call.

I want out, its a poor service when you know, that your mobile data connection on EE, is faster the the system at home. Poor service robbing the people with poor service, I'm not paying a penny until I get what I'm supposed to get 200mbps.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Samantha_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor boardband speeds with poor customer service

Hi there samuel07,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies you are having an issue with the broadband connection.

Looking at your line, there are 2 faults reported in your area.

1. SNR (signal to noise ratio). The reference number is F006579055 and has a review date of 4th October.

2. High peak time traffic which can cause slow speeds. The reference number is F005715094 and has a review date of 21st November.

In regards to this I have sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some more information.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos