Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Poor and disappearing WIFI

Have had issues for 4 weeks now, WIFI suddenly disappears at least every 5 minutes , is slow despite paying for up to 108 Mbps,

I read it was expected to get at least 50% if that speed. If the wifi even then stays I have on average 16 Mbps on laptop and 9 mbps on my phone. That is outrageous!! I cannot connect both to wifi on phone and laptop as it then immediately stops working. 

Our engineer never gets back to us to help us and virgin is just having up to an hour waiting for queues for calls. What's the purpose of customer service if you cannot even get online help? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor and disappearing WIFI

VM do not and never have guaranteed Wi-Fi speed or coverage.

What is your connection like using a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have not tried with a cable, but also then router is nowhere near my room be to connect to. We got VM back in May, it has not always been great but still useable for work, studies on multiple devices. Why would it all of a sudden not work is why we don't understand.

We have considered boosters - but again why suddenly does it not work and SKY was working fine. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sky is Sky, VM is VM.

It could stop working for numerous reasons.

Just a few things that can affect Wi-Fi in the average home …

Mirrors, furniture, fish tanks, people, radiators, walls (some more than others), cordless phones, baby monitors, microwave ovens, fridges & freezers, TVs, next doors Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi equipment, DAB transmitters, the list is endless.

Many people have accepted that the VM Wi-Fi is poor and have purchased third party equipment that is much, much more powerful than the VM supplied kit and once set up have wondered why they waited for so long.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos