Menu
amitagar989
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Poor Wifi Signal a s network keeps dropping

I have now had Virgin for little less than a month and it’s such a huge mistake I have made. In quest for higher speed I have lost not only wifi through out my house but also lost speed and certainty in signal. Speed comes only in the room the hub is in and rest everywhere absolutely nothing. 
Wifi Connect tells me I need to have at least 5 Wifi pods costing me additional £25 per month (almost what I was paying BT before). What a shameful service from Virgin that they can’t have a good router and are not truthful to their customers. I have wasted so much time waiting on calls waiting for somebody to fix it but nothing. 350 mbps service is more like 350 mbps in one room service, rest it’s all 10 mbps or lower

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor Wifi Signal a s network keeps dropping

and what speed do you get wired.
If the wired speeds are good you can get your own router or mesh system.

Wifi is not guaranteed under the speed promise
0 Kudos
RedGooner
Super solver
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

NO NO NO, dont go for the WIFI Pods.

You just need a your own router that is better at WIFI than the SH3. My single external router covers my whole house and Garden.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
0 Kudos
amitagar989
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Dont have wired connection in every room so cant really check. Wired connection through router in the same room as Hub is same as WiFi, though

0 Kudos
amitagar989
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can you suggest which router shall I go for? Two requirements are good coverage and speed doesnt drop dramatically. From 350 mbps, I am hoping that even in the farthest possible corner, I still get 100 mbps. Is it possible or is it just dream world
0 Kudos