Menu
caddyshak
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Poor WiFi

Just spoke to VM no help line, reporting poor WiFi in certain parts of the house, told the girl that ethernet was fine, but Tivo Box running at 65%, 7 to 10 mgbs on my phone in the dining room but 30mbps in the lounge so there are black spots, she told me to call back on 18th April as they would monitor the signal I tried to ask for a booster because hub is in an upstairs bedroom and she said " goodbye" and hung up...customer service 🤔

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor WiFi

If it is a wifi only issue (all the ethernet connections are good), then on a Hub3/4, you can first try separating the SSID's of the 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi bands by renaming them in the settings and at the same time switch off "channel optimisation" Then use a wifi scanning App to find the best wifi channels to use (just use 1,6,11 on 2.4GHz)— that often helps Hub3 users get better wifi performance - but its still no substitute for getting better kit 🙂

To address this, VM now supply “wifi pods” (not “boosters”). Pods are free to “some customers” most will be charged £5/month and they dont have enough supplies right now to provide them unless you have a demonstrable wifi issue.

At that level of investment you would soon pay off that cost by buying a "better" wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever and which will cure all your wifi woes.and be delivered from Amazon tomorrow.

Get either a…
(1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4) A combination of (2) & (3).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos