cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor WiFi signal

Blemm
Joining in

we have a smart tv in the lounge, the wifi signal to it is not very good and we have to use a devolo wifi extender to get a good reception , we want to put a tv in the back room but there is virtually no wi fi reception there, the Virgin technician who came to fit our hub 5 said we could do with a mesh system ?, has anyone used one and if so how good is it ? 
many thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM supply "Pods" are their version of a Mesh system.  Depending on your Contract, they are free or £8pm rental.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/wifi-max- Wifi Pod information

However, there are other Mesh systems on the market, have a look at the Deco M series, as a lot of users here have them. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM supply "Pods" are their version of a Mesh system.  Depending on your Contract, they are free or £8pm rental.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/wifi-max- Wifi Pod information

However, there are other Mesh systems on the market, have a look at the Deco M series, as a lot of users here have them. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thankyou for taking the time to reply, just looking at some other posts and they say you should be able to get WiFi in every room so I think I will contact virgin and ask about the pods you have mentioned.

You can try to ask VM customer services but chances of you getting a pod is slim. Best bet is wait for one of the admin team to pick up this thread. What BB package are you on? As mentioned above, if you are on the lower tariffs then it could get a little expensive to have a pod

Hi Blemm, 

Thanks for posting on our Community Forums about your poor WIFI signal, sorry if it's been causing some inconvenience for you! 

Our WIFI Pods are our kind of "mesh system" which can improve your WIFI signal and speed if it's below 20mbps in a certain room. They are free if you're on our top packages or £8 per month on any others. There is loads more information about our WIFI Max scheme here if you want to have a read about what it entails 😁 

If you're already up to speed with what WIFI Max is and want to go ahead and order your first pod, you'll first need to go onto our Connect App and do a scan of all rooms in your home. This will detect any issues with WIFI in these rooms and give you prompts on how to fix it - One of these would be to order a WIFI pod if it detects a WIFI issue 😊

Please let us know how you get on with the Connect App so we can continue to help if you need us!

Thanks,

Megan_L