Menu
Spike55
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Poor WiFi coverage

I have WiFi deadspots in my home since moving in three years ago.

the Virgin bench engineer has checked and confirmed issue . He fitted a booster and receiver. Now that’s ok for resolving the issues upstairs but I have a similar problem downstairs. I have one room that had no WiFi and costing a lot of money to use mobile data. Ideally it would be great if the sent me another receiver as the booster seems to be doing the job! But apparently not.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor WiFi coverage

you can get your own router or mesh system. the VM hubs ae poor wifi devices
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor WiFi coverage

Hi Spike55

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I'm really sorry to hear of any WiFi issues you're experiencing and fully appreciate the frustration this would cause. I've checked the system today and no issues are showing, no outages and all your levels are in specification. I've also checked the network from our side and everything seems fine. 

I've then done a further diagnostic on your WiFi and it's said this; Some of your WiFi devices are very close to the Hub and could be wasting valuable WiFi bandwidth. Connecting them via Ethernet could improve things for other WiFi devices. This can normally mean things like TV's, TV boxes, consoles etc. If this is the case, could you try it out for us to see if it helps at all?

In relation to the overall coverage, do you have a smartphone? If so, please could you download free of charge from the phone's app store, the Virgin Media Connect App - when installed, you'll be able to do a WiFi scan in the property. It'll optimise the connection where it can do so and if a Pod is needed, you'll be able to order this as well. 

Do let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos