Menu
itsdaveclayton
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Poor Internet despite 100mbps - wifi constantly dropping - kids trying to home school

Hi 

I really would like to get an engineer callout booked without going through the frustrating automated call system that seems to be there more as an obstruction than help. Myself and my son are both working from home. My two girls are home schooling. Our wifi not only barely reaches anywhere outside of our living room but it constantly drops out several times a day, especially during important school Zoom sessions and work calls. It is hard enough schooling from home without having to battle with the most frustrating internet service. Despite paying for 100mbps (I would upgrade but what's the point if it doesn't deliver at 100) I am not getting a reliable service. Please can someone help me get an engineer callout, we've done all the switching on and off. Without it being resolved we are already researching both Sky and BT as new providers. Thank you. Dave

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor Internet despite 100mbps - wifi constantly dropping - kids trying to home school

Speed does not equate to connectivity stability.

Also speeds paid for are wired speeds and speeds to the hub, not wifi as there's too many variables.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
itsdaveclayton
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor Internet despite 100mbps - wifi constantly dropping - kids trying to home school

Thanks for the reply - okay - to summarise then, regardless of speed - the performance of the wifi and delivered internet is shockingly poor to the point that connections don't stay stable, continuously. Then, when they are stable, it would be then nice to get speeds closer to what the service recommends. But connectivity right now would be preferable.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

OK.
What have you done to refine your WiFi connectivity so far? What changes have you made?

When WiFi connectivity is poor, how does a wired connection behave simultaneously?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos