Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Poor 2g speed on superhub 3

Hi. Since April I've reset,rebooted and went back to factory settings as for some reason the 2.4g WiFi runs very slow, like between 12 and 25 mbs but at the same time the 5g runs super fast. Over last week the 2.4g signal drops and causes havoc (some devices on work on 2.4g) as we work from home and the Mrs is a key worker, I can only work on the hub late at night. Still after numerous attempt at best the 2.4g hits 20+ mbps but when I switch over to 5g it's over 80+...  Help! Prior to this both 2.4 and 5 were over 80mbps. Right I've just tried my dad's hub 3 he's got same package as me, both signals are over 84mbps.  Look like I need a new hub. Faulty equipment. I certainly dont want to use a ethernet lead or another router!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor 2g speed on superhub 3

Sounded about right.

My 2.4Ghz speeds never went much over 20-40Mbps when I had my M350 connection.

It’s just a limitation of the hub. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

2.4GHz is slower than 5GHz but is more powerful.

If the speeds you are getting from the Hub aren't good enough either use an ethernet cable connection or get hold of some third party equipment that has far stronger Wi-Fi broadcasts than the VM Hub.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I had amazing speeds on both and then it just dropped. It constantly drops or runs very slow on 2g. Everything other than Hive is wireless.  Just tried my dad's and speeds on both 2.4 and 5 are similar!  Looks like I need a new hub!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Or put it into modem mode and use your own router. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos