Menu
Davidsevlow
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Pointless Email about WiFi

So I’ve been with Virgin 18 months in an Oomph bundle, network speed is ok, TV works, mobile works ish though signal in my area is poor.  The engineers seem nice and helpful.  But some of the customer services activity is just odd.   Call up and ask for an additional service and they spend more time trying to sell me a service I don’t want or need.   But then straight after I get a mail saying Virgin have performed some wizardry in my Wi-Fi to improve its performance.  Well that is something, seeing as the one thing I don’t use is the wi-fi, I use the router as a modem as it didn’t have decent range.  So why do they send this mail out?  Any ideas?  Anyone?   

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pointless Email about WiFi

Marketing rubbish. Ignore. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
g0akc
Well-informed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pointless Email about WiFi

Marketing nonsense as said.

I got the same email.

It may help if there’s congestion in your area, or if you want 1Gig, but basically the marketing department doesn’t know how you’re using your hub and assume you are using their WiFi.

It could’ve been targeted better...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos