cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pod not connecting

Amparo72
Tuning in

Good Evening

I had to deactivate the Channel optimization in order to be able to change to another channel as the channel 11 being used by the router was conflicts with my neighbours routers that use the same channel and my WiFi kept dropping every day several times.

Fix the problem and my WiFi works smoothly but my Pod isn't able to connect to the router as the Channel optimization option is not on.

I clicked it back on and it connected again but WiFi starting dropping again.

Is there any way that the Pod can connect to the router having the channel optimization off??

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Consider sending the Pod back and getting your own Wireless Access Point.  At least you will be in control ....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
It doesnt look like it... See message 5 here...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/WiFi-boosters-needed/m-p/5122436#M497217

But does that feature not optimise your channel away from the neighbour's one ?

If not you may have to ignore the pod and source your own solution

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I saw that post and I had to ask anyway.

Also if it has to be on is there any option to stop the channel optimization from using channel 11 which is the most used by my neighbours??

Thanks

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The WiFi solution from VM needs the Hub to be in “out of the box” factory settings.  It’s all supposed to be super intelligent…. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Well ...I'm afraid it isn't as it went straight to channel 11 after I clicked th Channel Optimization option back on and the WiFi started dropping after a while .

Pod is off for now and WiFi smooth as ever been before until I find a solution and I can have WiFi everywhe again

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Consider sending the Pod back and getting your own Wireless Access Point.  At least you will be in control ....

Hi Amparo72,

Thanks for your post, welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the set WiFi channel. I know it may seem basic, but have you tried rebooting/factory resetting your Hub and testing the connection again? Your Hub may then force a switch to a different WiFi channel.

As Adduxi has advised, I'm afraid that the Hub does need to be in default settings in order for the Pods to be compatible. However this may be something that might change in future firmware updates. 

Thanks

Beth