cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pod needed for black spots

Lesley14
Joining in

I’m trying to scan black spots in kitchen to enable me to order booster/pod, but connect app keeps dropping out. I’ve been trying for 24 hours now. Is there an easier way to improve WiFi access in my house?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Yes buy a WI-Fi repeater, dual band models like an TP-LINK AC750 start from about £23 at Argos

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Yes buy a WI-Fi repeater, dual band models like an TP-LINK AC750 start from about £23 at Argos

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Lesley14, thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the connection and the connect app.
Are you able to reboot your broadband connection and then try again?

Let us know how it goes,

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Lesley14
Joining in

Hi yes I’ve rebooted 3 times. My hub 3 just doesn’t cut it into the kitchen 😊. I don’t think Virgin are able to help me. As an unemancipated and grumpy 68 year old woman and over 48 hours of communicating into dead air space, I am close to throwing the towel in. Nothing should be this complicated and energy sapping

Hi Lesley14, 

Thanks for coming back to us about this issue with your Connect App, sorry it's not working properly for you! 

Could we ask for more information on what happens when you try to scan please? 
Do you see any error messages when it "Drops Out"? 

Are you trying to see whether you need WIFI Pods for your kitchen? If yes, have you done some reading up on our WIFI Max Scheme

Please let us know more so we can help further 😊

Thanks,

Megan_L

Lesley14
Joining in

Thanks.it seems I’m not entitled to a booster pod unless I sign up to WiFi max. The additional cost for a full service / cover seems a little unfair. I’ll sit out my contract and move on. 

Hi Lesley14, 

I am sorry to hear that, but I do understand. 

I do have two other options for you which may help if you've got a fault with your Hub/connection rather than a WIFI limitation due to your home. 

Click here to run a WIFI test on your connection, this will detect any issues and give you basic information on how to fix it. You can go onto your Online Account to run a more in-depth broadband test which may give more information on a fault and will allow you to book an engineer if an issue is found. 

Please let us know whether you find anything at fault!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately getting wifi around a house is difficult for a single unit, i.e. the VM Hub. Most ISP only guarantee very minimal speeds with wifi for this reason.  The option given by @Client62  is a decent suggestion and at least if you do move ISP, you can keep this wifi extender to use again.  Just remember to use an extender halfway between the Hub and the wifi dead spot.

Also consider moving the Hub to a more central location, VM charge a reasonable £25 for this work.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lesley14
Joining in

Thanks Megan, I’ve done a full test now. My hub is good and most of the house running at about 50. However, it drops to 15-17 in the kitchen. I’ve been aware of this for a while as I’ve been on mobile data at that end of the house. Lesley 😊

Thanks I will do