Menu
Flat5BG
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Plugin WiFi boosters

How do I request a couple of these ?!

We have very thick internal walls and the WiFi strength is weak in two rooms 

Also why does the microwave stop Alexa ? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Plugin WiFi boosters

Certain microwaves are exceptionally good wifi jammers due to leaked radio frequency noise in the 2.4 GHz band.  Remarkably the international standards for such things appear to regard this as acceptable, and it can apply even to premium microwave ovens bought recently (a cheery wave here to Panasonic's R&D department, who evidently haven't heard of wifi yet).  There may also be harmonics of the primary 2.45 GHz frequency used by may microwaves that will affect 5 GHz, but without a spectrum analyser and the skills to use one, I'm hypothesising regarding 5 GHz.

Hopefully somebody else can explain where you stand on wifi boosters, and what your options are.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

What package are you on?

Wifi pods are free to customers on the Ultimate Oomph or Gig1 bundles.

Otherwise they cost a non-viable £5 per month. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Flat5BG,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, you can find out more around our intelligent WIFI and Pods and how to order here.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos