Menu
Highlighted
Crumsons
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Perpetual green flashing internet

My internet appeared to go offline late last night. I decided to see where things were in the morning only to find it's still offline.

I've followed various suggestions: checking cables and connections, reboots with varying times left "off" and a full reset. All to no avail. Ive tried the tests on the app (which i appreciate are of limited use) and they seem to conclude my router isnt switched on (it is). The network diagnostic tool from the router tells me internet access is denied. 

The network log itself makes little sense to me but is filled with warnings and critical errors. No ranging response received. Retries exceeded etc. And for some reason the router thinks its the 1st of january 1970.

Tried calling and been cut off. Tried chat and been disconnected. Not massively happy. I've been with virgin less than a month and already on my 2nd significant outtage. My last supplier managed a full 18 months with only one 30 minute outtage.

Edit to add: the status thing on my app was saying thatvthere was an issue with TV in my area but (infuriatingly) that broadband was "good". Now i see there is now at least an acknowledgment of a broadband issue but no idea what it is. 

0 Kudos
Confusion101
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Perpetual green flashing internet

Same issue here... What are area you in?

0 Kudos
Crumsons
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The app now says the issue should be resolved by 6pm which I was thinking is a long time but now I'm reading topics where people have been down for days and weeks at a time.

Really beginning to regret moving to virgin right now.

0 Kudos
slowinternet11
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Same here, flashing green light and no internet , no TV - West London

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Crumsons,

Sorry to hear this has occurred, our service checker tool might be able to explain what is happening, virg.in/service. Which type of VM hub do you have? If you have a hub 3 and the base light is flashing green then the hub isn't connecting to the network.  If you are still, having issues you can reach the team by calling the 0345 6000 789 from your phone or by using our texting service at 07533051809.

Cheers,

0 Kudos