Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Paying to access an account and change details

Just a quick question: My ex is telling me that she is unable to access our account and the call agent is trying to charge her £25 to change over the contact details and main holder of the account to her name. It's in my name and my phone number but at her address and she was always the one to access the account and pay the bills with the password etc. 

This to me doesn't typically sound like something Virgin does? I've told Virgin that i don't know the password to the account as they're now chasing me up for missed payments. She's unable to access any online account as she never set it up and always paid bills over the phone. 

What should i do here? I no longer live at the address and contact with her is sparse. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Paying to access an account and change details

the account is in your name, so you are liable for any missed payments.
you need to call CS and regain access to your account, and, in my opinion close the account.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You would need to do a transfer of account:
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-account-change-name#transfer

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi JHart,

The agent is relating the £20 charge for transferring the account to a new account holder (the person responsible for the account)  change-name#transfer 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos