Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Paving Contractors damage my VM connection!! No TV or Broadband

Can some please explain why they are sending a technician next week (6 days away) for a damage cable external to my property.  The pavement is currently up AND THE TRUNKING IS EXPOSED....The contractors have told my neighbour (as i was at work) that they thought they had done damage and the supervisor gave him his number to pass on to me.  Not quite sure how he is going to fix it but i know a home technician wont be able to do anything other than say Doh why have you sent me...    how do you escalate this issue to a human that can comprehend the problem.  IT is not My equipment.. Please sensible Answers on a postcard,  In this day and age i think we are going backwards. Don’t call or email read the FAQs, Fat lot of good that did.   Help.  The pavements is up send an installation team to replace the damage box from the cabinet to my house.  The trunking is also exposed where it branches off the main road trunk under the pavement.this should ne looked art too for assessment.   Save money and send a team whilst all is acessable.  Footnote the cabinet is 7 meters from my boundary.  I estimate 20m of coax to repair the job.its not a big ask. Or is it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Paving Contractors damage my VM connection!! No TV or Broadband

You have a residential contract and fixes are best endeavours, if you want a contract with an SLA you need a business contract. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The technician will examine the situation and decide on the best course of action. They may decide on a new cable pull for your property and for a construction team to come out. The latter will most likely require a permit from the council. If its a h and s issue it'll be expedited. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I suspect the contractors working on behalf of surrey cc will cover over the pavement tomorrow.  It's a shame because the damage to the sub trucking is currently under loose hard core.  As soon as they put the wacker plate over it and compact it no cable pull will be possible. Simple science.  Then they will lay fresh tarmac over damaged area .  A week later a technician arrives to say hey ho we have to dig it up again.  It's really a crazy situation.  An hours work tomorrow or 2 days work next week...  swift communication is sometime helpful time saving and less costly.   But hey what do I know.

0 Kudos