Menu
CSeddon
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Pauses in Teams meetings

Hello there, looking through the boards there is quite a bit of it. I am experiencing pauses in communication on Teams calls for around 5-10 seconds at a time. People can be talking and then all of a sudden it breaks up for a second and then silence. 5 to 10 seconds later it carries on. Any idea why ? Anything I can do to resolve ?
I am on a wireless connection, area 20 if it makes any difference. 

Thanks.

EDIT - This has only started in the last 3 weeks

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pauses in Teams meetings

I would say try using a wired connection for best results but its highly likely your one of the 100,000's of people affected but congestion issues on Virgin currently due to everyone being home,

If its becomes to much of an issue then try using your mobile data through your phone to complete these sorts of tasks. (just make sure you have enough data to do so)

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

agree with @jitterypinger - you need to test whether you still suffer from the issue when connecting to the hub using an ethernet cable.. if you do, then it’s also worth setting up a bqm, which will graph the performance of your connection over time and highlights overutilisation quite well.. 

if it works when connected by cable, and your bqm looks good, then it could be an issue with your wifi rather than the connection, in which case you can probably improve performance by investing in better wifi kit..

CSeddon
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your responses, I think I am going to try a separate router as both the wife and I experience the issue (On 2 different work laptops), only over wifi. I haven't had any issues cabled. Fingers crossed that resolves it. Thanks for your time both

0 Kudos
CSeddon
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Last update, I bought a linksys EA7500 router and placed the V3 hub in modem only mode and it has solved the stuttering in meetings. Thanks