Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Paused device on app has disappeared

I paused an unknown devices on my hub as I was unsure what It was, I  found what it was but I can’t find the option to unpause and can’t connect the device to the hub now, does anyone know how I can unpause them? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Paused device on app has disappeared

Hi Julies9228,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Please see this link for more information

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Has the flaw in the connect app, as noted by deans6571 in post #2 in this thread https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Paused-devices/m-p/4131155 been fixed yet?

Also see post #58, again from deans6571 here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Switched-On-Families/Mac-Filtering-Hub-3/td-p/3559938/page/6

If not, the app doesn't work correctly and is pointless.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Tried that on a couple of occasions and it doesn’t bring back the device I paused, and unable to connect device to WiFi 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jules9228,

Are you able to try a different device on your home network and use it to unpause the device in question?

If the above doesn't work, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the Connect App and try unpausing the affected device again.

Please let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Lisa_CC wrote:

Hi Jules9228,

Are you able to try a different device on your home network and use it to unpause the device in question?

The help page linked to in post #2 makes no mention of using a different device to "unpause" a connection:

Stop devices in your home from connecting to the internet

It's really simple to pause devices using your internet connection:

1. Go to the Broadband tab on the Connect app and tap on the image of your Hub
  2. Tap on the device you want to pause your connection to. This will load its details
  3. Tap the pause device switch. The switch will turn green and move to the right

And that's it! This device will no longer have access to the internet. To unpause a connection again, just follow the same steps, but move the switch back to the left.

Either the app is faulty or the provided instructions are incorrect, or possibly both?

If the above doesn't work, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the Connect App and try unpausing the affected device again.

Regards,

Lisa

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for all the help, I couldn’t get the paused device back no matter what I tried. I quickly got things fixed by phoning Virgin, all put right quickly and efficiently 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Sololobo wrote:

Has the flaw in the connect app, as noted by deans6571 in post #2 in this thread https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Paused-devices/m-p/4131155 been fixed yet?

Also see post #58, again from deans6571 here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Switched-On-Families/Mac-Filtering-Hub-3/td-p/3559938/page/6

If not, the app doesn't work correctly and is pointless.

@Sololobo wrote:

@Lisa_CC wrote:

Hi Jules9228,

The help page linked to in post #2 makes no mention of using a different device to "unpause" a connection:

Stop devices in your home from connecting to the internet

It's really simple to pause devices using your internet connection:

1. Go to the Broadband tab on the Connect app and tap on the image of your Hub
  2. Tap on the device you want to pause your connection to. This will load its details
  3. Tap the pause device switch. The switch will turn green and move to the right

And that's it! This device will no longer have access to the internet. To unpause a connection again, just follow the same steps, but move the switch back to the left.

Either the app is faulty or the provided instructions are incorrect, or possibly both?

Regards,

Lisa

...I'm afraid to say this bug has STILL not been fixed - and probably NEVER will.

The problem is that it's all very well for the article above to sate: " To unpause a connection again, just follow the same steps, but move the switch back to the left."

, the issue though is that this ONLY works when you want to unpause the same device in a short space of time (the device remains showing in the app so its easy to then unpause). Its only when you go to unpause the device after a longer period of time, like 24 hours later, in which case, the device disappears from the app and can no longer be unpaused.

Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Jules9228 wrote:

Thanks for all the help, I couldn’t get the paused device back no matter what I tried. I quickly got things fixed by phoning Virgin, all put right quickly and efficiently 

It would be helpful  to others with the same issue if you posted the steps you took to rectify this - what did Virgin do that fixed the problem?

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Same problem here. I paused my daughter's phone at 10pm last night and trying to unpause it this morn and it's not on the paused list. What can I do. I have a very unhappy daughter!

0 Kudos