cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pause device still active

Mr_H1
Joining in

Recently I noticed pausing device through the app is not working, I click the pause button and still noticed my kids still have access to the internet. And clicking on the pause button to pause you have to watch the 2 bouncing balls to stop bouncing for good 10mins and still nothing.

3 REPLIES 3

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mr_H1 👋

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing some issues with pausing devices on your network. Can you please confirm whether you have made any changes to your local network, such as put it into Modem Mode and used your own equipment?

In addition, can you please confirm the device you're using to use the Connect App, as well as whether it is fully up-to-date on the Operating System version, and Connect App version?

Since the release of iOS 14, we've seen issues caused by Apple's "Private MAC" system, which randomises the MAC address of each device every so often - as a result, this can prevent the app from being able to pause a device as it works based on the MAC address of connected devices. Are your children using devices such as an iPhone, iPad, etc?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Thanks for the reply, my kids uses Samsung Galaxy A14  phone Operating system Android 13 ). Their phone appears on the Connect App and when i click pause it greyed out their phones showing its paused, now one of the issue after i pause their phone and log out of the Connect App go back to the Connect App 3 mins later, i see their phone is un-paused. Never use to be like this before. The concept of this Connect App is good but i think there is still a lot of work to be done here.

Client62
Legend

Android version 8 and later also has MAC Address Randomisation as does Windows 10 and 11.

VM Connect app is a flaky product that is known for its ability to fail leaving critical devices paused (blocked)  like the spouse's office laptop or the heating system or the EV charger and the real killer blocking your own mobile phone.