Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Password Generic Credentials Manager

Since January this year, everytime I go to clear my saved passwords from Credentials Manager, Xbox live is listed.  I do not use Xbox live, nor does anyone in my household.  Yet the neighbour who moved in next door in January does, as do his three children.  I have not given him a password to share my virginmedia internet, so how can my laptop be recording him generic credentials - the password are *****, thus I cannot access.  I am not talking about wifi connections, but control panel on my laptop, credential manager, and for almost six months, almost everytime I log in, when I log out and clear history, cookies and passwords, I have Xbox live recorded in my credentials.  I don't mean to sound mean with not wishing to share, and my laptop has never recorded the previous neighbours software.  I have phoned this through twice to virginmedia, the first time I was told it maybe because he has a virginmedia network, the second time I rang up, they had logged off Xbox live when I finally got through the waiting queue, and I was told there was no other user on my internet connection.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Password Generic Credentials Manager

Nothing to do with someone using your connection. They cannot add credentials to your laptop.

Is it a Windows 10 laptop signed in with a Microsoft account?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

blame windows 10 I don't have a X box and I have Xboxlive listed in Credentials so its likely safe.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Windows 10 has a lot of xbox crap preinstalled that you can't remove easily so I wouldn't worry about it. I have it also and never used an xbox. 

0 Kudos