cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet loss

Pandaclan
Tuning in

Hi,

I've had packet loss for over 2 weeks now. I'm having dire troubles trying to get this resolved.

The process of contacting support is horrible. You're literally forced to call twice as the first time you just end up with a txt message on how to check your cables.

Every time I have called, to make this worse from my side, I have an engineer who tells me " Yes we can see an issue there" 

So 2 weeks ago, you've acknowledged it.

Follow on calls I make get me a response of "2nd line have put some monitoring in place to monitor things"

On Tues morning this week, the packet loss lasted almost 3 hours. I hoped that was some work being done. Apparently not.

All i'm being told is - yes you can see there's an issue. Then it will be fixed within 24 or 48 hours and here we are. It's impossible to use the network until the packet loss stops. I don't think I need an engineer visit for an external issue. I just want it fixed, which clearly, is not happening.

Tuesday exampleTuesday example

24 REPLIES 24

9f4054c1ba5d3153cdfeaf44cf6df681b7983588 (9).png

Been fine for last week until 11am today

Hub goes red for 15 mins, now it's come back on with severe packet loss again

Can't express how (censored) I am with this service

1 week of working internet in the last 3.5 months.

Hi @Pandaclan thanks a lot for your private message to me.

I'm sorry you had issues with packet loss in the late hours of last night, I'm just bringing this back to the public thread now.

It looks like there is an outage currently, which may be causing a total loss of service to some customers at the moment and a likely cause of the issues you were experiencing last night.

Please let us know how you get on after today here, if you experience any further issues.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi,

Have you just copied and pasted a standard response out?

Take a minute to look at the graph I've posted. Does it look like there's any issue last night??

I'm asking about the loss of service from TODAY at 11AM

Speaking with the area manager last week - He was meant to be sending an engineer round to a couple of houses to check connections, at NO POINT was more work mentioned with a loss of service.

Too much trouble for an ISP to notify customers in advance who are NOT aware of planned maintenance.

You've had almost 4 months to do this work since I first raised an issue. It's utterly crap service.

9f4054c1ba5d3153cdfeaf44cf6df681b7983588 (10).png

Server status saying all okay now

Thank you for keeping us updated with this Pandaclan. 

I have taken a look on our side and it looks as though you do need an engineer to come and investigate this. 

I will private message you now to confirm your details and get this booked in.

^Martin