cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet loss?

nmcilroy
On our wavelength

I need help please, I'm getting issues when online gaming and on conference calls - streaming is mostly ok.

No changes have been made my end. My setup is the Hub 3 in modem mode with 3 Decos dotted around the house for WIFI.

Whenever the connection is off I jump on the speed test but the speed always comes back fine, however when I visit the ping tool below I can see there's repetitive issues.

I've tried disconnecting all cables and turning off for 5 minutes. This seemed to help for 20 minutes or so but maybe just coincidence and now it is bad again.

Please help.

nmcilroy_0-1659024463864.png

33 REPLIES 33

nmcilroy
On our wavelength

Another example:

nmcilroy_3-1659032791357.png

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi nmcilroy, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with your service. 

I have taken a look from our side and can see an outage has been identified for your area.  The issue is related to SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) and our engineers are currently working to resolve this. 

The current estimated fix time if for 4th August 9am. 

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused by this. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Thanks Natalie.Still currently experiencing the issue so I will keep an eye on things and see if they improve from the 5th onwards as you say. 

nmcilroy
On our wavelength

Hi Natalie,

Is there any update on this please? I'm still experiencing issues.

Thanks.

Hi there @nmcilroy

Thank you for popping back to us.

I am so sorry to say that I can see the outage has been extended to August 12th at 3pm.

Can you update us after this date? 

Thanks again. 

Still having issues. Please can you confirm when this will be resolved?

I'm having to tether off my 4G for work calls and gaming is impossible. This has been going on too long now.

nmcilroy_0-1660768955912.png

Hi nmcilroy,

Thank you for reaching back out, we are sorry you were still facing packet loss on Wednesday, checking our end it looks like the area issue has been resolved, how are things for you now?

Regards

Paul.

nmcilroy
On our wavelength

Still tragic.

Just taken this:

nmcilroy_0-1661180081878.png

As fun as it is to pay for a service you're not receiving do you have any troubleshooting available here?

I've tried turning all equipments off and on again and the usual drill but not improvement.

nmcilroy
On our wavelength

Even better when it cuts out completely!

nmcilroy_0-1661181338951.png