Menu
Bradleygraham84
Tuning in
Message 1 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Packet loss and latency issues

Ive been having nothing but issues with my internets latency, constantly lagging while gaming with packet loss and latency errors since the day i got the internet installed.

Bradleygraham84_0-1642009039894.png

I have gone through all the steps, resetting and restarting. Nothings helped.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Re: Packet loss and latency issues

Looks like utilisation/congestion.

You'll need to wait for a forum mod to confirm.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 35
Flag for a moderator

If it turns out to be an OverUtilisation issue see the below link. I will ask VM to look at your connection on here.

______________________________________-

See this thread re. over-utilisation and Andrew’s comments in Message 20

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Internet-keeps-dropping-for-several-minutes...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Bradleygraham84,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some ongoing issues with your connection at the moment!

I was able to locate your account and it looks like there is an active SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) outage in your area, which will be impacting your broadband and TV services. The Fault reference number is F009572619 and the estimated fix time is currently listed for 20/01/21 at 9am.

You can stay up to date on updates with this outage by visiting our Service Checker page, or by calling out automated service line on 0800 561 0061.

Once the outage is resolved, please reboot your Hub and keep an eye on your connection. If this issue persists after the outage, we'll be more than happy to look into this for you.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Bradleygraham84
Tuning in
Message 5 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Bit ridiculous if I'm being honest.

I've been paying for faulty internet since the day I got it.

Then I have to continue to pay... and wait for a problem fix that could potentially not fix the issues?

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Bradleygraham84,

Thank you for coming back to me about this issue. I'm very sorry to hear that you're unhappy about this fault. I understand that it's frustrating. 

Our team is working hard to have this issue resolved as soon as possible for you. We are aware that you're impacted by this issue. 

We do have an Automatic Compensation Scheme set up for customers who experience full loss of service. You can read more about this scheme here: https://virg.in/autocomp

Please keep us updated on how you get on and let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Bradleygraham84
Tuning in
Message 7 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Paulina_Z

I got this message sent to me from virgin and i followed all the steps to restart my broadband.

As you can see it hasnt changed very much.

Hope to hear back soon,

Bradley.

1231231.jpg123311313.png

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us Bradleygraham84, we've taken a look at your account, connection and equipment and all of the levels appear to be within the ranges and spec's we'd expect them to be.

The speeds over the last week have averaged 110mbps download and 9.9mbps Upload. The latency is showing around 13ms with packet loss at 0.05%. There is no longer any area issues showing on the account at this time, has it improved since your post?

Rob 

0 Kudos
Bradleygraham84
Tuning in
Message 9 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob,

As you can see the broadband is still spiking alot constantly, only at very early hours in the morning it stablises.

Through the day its still a nuisance.

I will restart my router again and see if i get any changes.

Bradley

21af43898e5f7b91088d5a5a29de08cda84edb34-21-01-2022.png

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Bradleygraham84

Thank you so much for your update and I am so sorry to hear that these issues have been ongoing. 

I have looked into the account again and I can now see some issues appearing on the upstream levels that will require a tech to resolve.

I am going to send you a PM now so we can arrange this, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

0 Kudos