cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet loss and complete outages for the past few weeks

Chez92
Up to speed

I've been having packet loss issues and a few full outages over the past couple of weeks and I'd like somebody to take a look please.

I can post power levels and thinkbroadband details if needed but can't really be bothered atm, it's data that you should have anyway so I'm guessing it won't be necessary 

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4

vmrunreliable
Superfast

I've seen this exact issue before, it was incredibly annoying and it took ages to resolve but after it was sorted it was like night and day what you need to do to resolve this is...

... I can't really be bothered finishing this post atm. 

WorstISP
Superfast

Start the complaints process now, take it to the ombudsman after 8 weeks, and try to get out of your contract. Trying to approach this as a technical support problem is a waste of your time, they do not intend on trying to fix this. You are one of many, many customers around the UK facing this issue.

Virgin know about it, but they are not going to try to fix it.

Complain to Virgin: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/complaints
Complain to OfCom: https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/problems/broadband-landli...

From 8 weeks after your initial complaint, Virgin will not have fixed the issue, so you can escalate to the ombudsman and try to get out of your contract. Track everything and start compiling it all together as a legal file. Screenshots, emails, dates, etc.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Chez92 👋

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry for the issues with your broadband. 

I have ran some tests and can see a slight issue with your power levels. 

I will pop you a PM 📩 so we can get a technician visit arranged. 

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming the requested details via PM 
I've booked a technician for you to come out and have a look into the issue. You can find confirmation of the visit via your 👉 online account.

Please let me know if there are any problems with the date or time and I can look to reschedule this for you. In regards to the appointment there are some details you need to know about. There will be no charge for this visit unless:

•The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can also do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know how the visit goes!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs