cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet Loss when gaming, and on discord.

NoAnkle202
Just joined

Hi,

For the past 3 months ive been getting spikes in my "outbound packet loss rate" that i noticed on discord. It happens usually when discord detectes any voice activity from my mic, and i start to lag everywhere. Internet browsing, gaming, voice chat anywhere.

I took a packet loss test when it was happening today123asd.png

Does anyone know how to fix this, or if anyone from virgin media could help me?

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Legend

Re-run the same test with the Acceptable Delay slider set to 250ms.

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi NoAnkle202 👋 welcome to community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about these issues with spikes on your service whilst using discord. Were you able to try the advice of community? Hopefully it has helped!

If not, please let us know if the issue is happening at any other time, or if it isolated to being present whilst using discord? 

I've had a look into your connection and there are no issues in the area that should be affecting your service at the moment. However, it does look as though there was spike on your packet loss around the time of your post which has now settled, and there have been some disconnections happening on your hub.

If possible, please post a live BQM so we can take a closer look at your connection and offer further support if this issue is still ongoing for you! Thank you for your patience whilst we look into this more closely. 

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@Client62 wrote:

Re-run the same test with the Acceptable Delay slider set to 250ms.

Their are no late packets only lost in the upstream

---------------------------------------------------------------