Menu
HamzaR___
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Packet Loss And Super Slow Internet

We have a super hub 2ac in modem mode hooked up to a asus router. For the last few days the internet has been extremely slow on almost every device. Whether that be playing games or even just trying to load a stream/youtube video IN THE LOWEST POSSIBLE QUALITY.

We seem to be having high amounts of packet loss and high latency fluctations as shown by the BQM Here.

<a title="Broadband Ping" href="https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/401d50c3419040ebc1ac7e30ca20fd990af6dbcf">My Broadband Ping</a>

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Packet Loss And Super Slow Internet

BQM not looking good. It has the whiff of an overutilisation issue - but may be "fault". So, have you checked first for “known network faults”

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
HamzaR___
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Well in my experience as per when you check for known network faults and the check service it says everything is running great, as well as when you run a "test" on the kit. It is saying now everythings fine. So it hasn't detected any issue.

Had an engineer come round last year during covid and lockdown and he came outside and basically said there was an overutilisation fault and etc etc. Any idea what to do next? 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I will ask VM to comment on here

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
lotharmat
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ooops - You mat want to blank out that IP Paul!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi  HamzaR,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to see you are experiencing slow speeds and packet loss.

I have tried to locate your account to have a closure look however wasn't able to with the details we have for you, I will be more than happy to have a closer look as you have checked for area issues and ran diagnostic checks your end.

I will send a invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you lotharmat.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi HamzaR,

Thanks for your details, I have looked into this and ran further checks, some issues have been picked up and I have now booked a technician, you can view and manage the appointment via your online account under help, my appointments?

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
HamzaR___
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Well did not expect to get anyone out this fast considering last time so thank you.

Still will hold out until the issue is resolved no point jumping the gun, but thank you again.

Also where can I see this appointment - on my account or the account holders account?

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

This is viewable on the online account under Help, My appointments, if you have a secondary log in you can check this otherwise it would be the account holder.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos