cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS5 Will only connect to 2.4ghz wifi and now downloads are slow.

Dannyefcfan1
Tuning in

Hi,

I noticed that my PS5 was downloading super slow and even signed me out so I checked and I saw that the connection is 2.4ghz. I don't know if this is the cause of the slow downloads. When I check on PS5 I'm getting 20mbps download speed. My connection is speed is 200mbps.

Now, the obvious is to change to my 5ghz connection but it will not connect to it. It says 'connection might be weak'. The virgin app say wifi is good in my room.

I've tried everything to fix, including calling PlayStation who asked me to open ports in the router settings. I did that and, surprise surprise that did f all.

I'm wondering does anyone here have a suggestion I could try? Or I'm I stuck with a slow PS5 connection.

I have a Xbox which gets very fast speeds. The xbox and PS5 are next to each other upstairs while the router is downstairs. My internet works fines everywhere except this PS5 issue. I have a Hub 5.

I've noticed a few threads about Ps5 on here so maybe it's a common issue that can't be fixed? Either way, any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Legend

Have you used WiFi Pausing and blocked PS5's 5Ghz WiFi connection ?

I checked that in the app and I have nothing paused.

Totally forget the VM Connect app is the number one cause of blocked WiFi connections.

Disable MAC filtering to re-enable Paused devices

Login to the Hub's menus at http://192.168.0.1

1) Advanced settings >>> Wireless >>> Security

1.1) then set Wireless MAC Filtering to Disabled

1.2) "Apply changes"

2) Advanced settings >>> Security >>> MAC Filtering

2.1) then delete all entries in the MAC filter list

2.2 Enable Always on

2.3) "Apply changes"