Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

PS4 lag

Hi. I’m looking for some help. I’ve recently moved house and had virgin installed. I have the best internet package possible but my online game is lagging. The PS4 is connected to WiFi but the download and upload speed on the PS4 test is a lot lower than my phone test. I cannot play a game without skipping. Hoping someone can help. Thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 lag

Play with a wired connection.

Gaming over WiFi is never advisable. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The router is in the other room. So it’s not possible to play wired. I’ve played wireless all my life and haven’t had this problem before. Now with better internet I can’t play. Can’t get my head around it 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Put the hub into modem mode and use a better router 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Define better Internet.

Virgin media is faster Internet but slower response. Ie its worse for gaming than the likes of bt which is slower Internet but faster response.

Add onto that the latency caused by WiFi and it can cause a big difference.

If the router is only next door run an ethernet cable under the carpet and through the skirting board. You won't see it but it'll make a big difference. 

0 Kudos