Menu
Highlighted
Nathan07x
Tuning in
Message 1 of 46
Flag for a moderator

PS4 in premier inn

Use to always be able to get my PlayStation online in premier inns and recently unable too, can’t get any answers from premier inn or virgin on the matter; surely if I’m paying for ultimate WiFi it shouldn’t matter what device it’s on

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 in premier inn

not sure what this has to do with Virgin Broadband?
0 Kudos
Nathan07x
Tuning in
Message 3 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Because virgin supply the broadband maybe?

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 4 of 46
Flag for a moderator

I expect you'll need to call Virgin - with it being run from the business side and not residential side. Phone number at bottom of T&C's

Wi-Fi terms & conditions

Device exclusions apply. Only devices with a web browser and the ability to connect to a public service are able to access the network, please check your device for compatibility. Maximum data allowance 1 GB per user per day. Connect up to three devices to Ultimate Wi-Fi - please check compatibility prior to purchase. Service terms and conditions apply, please see free Wi-Fi or Ultimate Wi-Fi for full details. Download speeds depend on location and number of users. Ultimate Wi-Fi may not be available in some hotels, please check the hotel details page. 

If you're having trouble connecting to our Wi-Fi, please call Virgin Wi-Fi on +44 (0) 330 660 1136.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Nathan07x
Tuning in
Message 5 of 46
Flag for a moderator

I have multiple times and always get told to take it up with premier inn, just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem and if they have a fix for it 

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Premier Inn are VM’s customer at the hotel, not you.  It is a matter for you to take up with Premier Inn.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Nathan07x
Tuning in
Message 7 of 46
Flag for a moderator

So I need to get premium inn to take it up with virgin?

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately, yes. You are paying for a service to Premier Inn. I’m assuming that the particular Premier In is served by VM; many are.

Have you Googled the problem?

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 9 of 46
Flag for a moderator

@Nathan07x wrote:

Because virgin supply the broadband maybe?

they supply the broadband to Premier Inn?
even if they did, this is the home consumer forum, which wouldn't be applicable to the service supplied to businesses.

0 Kudos
griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 46
Flag for a moderator

@Nathan07x wrote:

Use to always be able to get my PlayStation online in premier inns and recently unable too, can’t get any answers from premier inn or virgin on the matter; surely if I’m paying for ultimate WiFi it shouldn’t matter what device it’s on

You are NOT paying for WiFi at all, as a residential customer you pay for a broadband connection to your home, with a Wireless enabled Hub.
Wireless is affectedly many factors outside VM's control, so they, or any other ISP will not guarantee WiFI reception.

I am not sure what you expect VM to do about it as Signal optimisation and equipment used will be down to the staff at Premier Inn.
Maybe VM could come to the hotel and knock down all the internal walls to reduce attenuation?

I have never seen decent reliable WiFi in a Hotel, ( It is surprising how many still use old Wireless G routers) I just accept it and go down the pub.

0 Kudos