Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 11 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: POST RS Errors - is this a lot

Thanks for the hint. I've rebooted the router and got 0s for Post RS errors for now. Will monitor like you suggest. Pre-RS between 0 and 12 depending on channel. 

Can things like the fact I've got it connected to another router affect these figures or are the stats purely on the VM service? 

When I got an upgrade to M500 they replaced the box on the outside of my house as it was about circa 1800s, but otherwise the cabling is the same. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 12 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The stats shouldn't be affected by using your own router as they are related to the VM network.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 13 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Since the reboot last night the errors have stayed at zero. I also checked and tightened the connections. 

Thanks to all for your help. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 14 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@VirgenOnBrink wrote:

That's a lot of zeros... very envious. I'll reboot the router now I've taken all the logs and see what happens

Wasn't trying to make you envious, just indicating what you should expect.

Any number of Post RS errors is going to impact your connection.

The RS error correction works well for general background noise or very short noise bursts.

Longer bursts of noise or rapidly repeated burst are unlikely to be corrected.

You need an engineer visit to investigate and correct.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 15 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I was only joking 🙂 Following a reboot of the router, checking all the connections etc. I have zero Post RS Errors for the last 24 hours. So hopefully things are OK but will keep an eye. Thanks for the additional info

0 Kudos