Menu
Charlied1979
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

POD Signal no change

I got my POD in last week plugged it in and linked with my WiFi but my WiFi signal is still not going above 120mbs and I got 219 in my room when I first got hub3 and I’ve put the POD half way between my room and hub with one wall in between each there’s no concrete or metal anything like that to interfere with it wats going on I’ve sent text through service and tried calling never got answer help plz!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Charlied1979
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: POD Signal no change

I have just taken my POD down to my hub and plugged it in with Ethernet and let it connect that way once it connected I taken it back to my stairs and my signal has went up to 209mbs now so I’m happy again the now until it goes on me again

0 Kudos
Charlied1979
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The signal has dropped again so thinking POD isn’t as good as virgin made out, hub is 8ft below me through the floor, and the hub is now plugged in 8ft away from the hub on stairwell and 9ft away from me when I’m in room

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Did you expect it to be any good? 🙂

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Charlied1979
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Well it was ok to start of with and now it’s halfed my speed again my gaming is breaking up like crazy now a really hope my housing association comes back saying I can get sky in I never had issues like this with them when I stayed around the corner but ppl round there say their broadband is the same in their house virgin needs to sort this out I’m paying for full house package and a POD that’s not working and I can’t get through to them and my hub keeps disconnecting me from the settings page not funny anymore

0 Kudos
Charlied1979
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

0A0E3E69-1625-49D6-9B13-52ADEA21F891.png

 that’s the 1st test using that service and it went to 181

0 Kudos
Charlied1979
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

E9A694DC-A54E-4A41-A76F-B8A7C1CE9F3A.png

 then I use recommended checker and get this

0 Kudos
Charlied1979
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Why would you go post adverts like this stupid advert when u can’t live up to it??? Eheh 

597C6CAC-D827-4873-AC38-A710171279D3.jpeg

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Use a wired connection then especially if gaming.

Wifi speeds and connectivity aren’t guaranteed.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Charlied1979
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

That means I need to run 4 wires long ones at that through my house to rooms etc well I think virgin should come out and do it seen as they say the most reliable, BT Can guarantee speeds why can’t virgin if they are using fibre

0 Kudos