cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POD ISSUES / OUTAGES

mark1603
Joining in

Hi all

I have had a hub 5 with 1gb fibre since feb and so far have had to factory reset the hub 3 times after outages, and had one replacement hub due to a fault. On thursday there was an outage in my area and when it did come back online I had no wifi, only ethernet. After 2 hours talking to myself on the phone to the phillipines I gave up and miraculously the following day it was back on.

Since then one of my 3 wifi pods has had a static white light with the fan running. I have tried every which way to work out what is wrong with no answers. I have previously had a faulty pod which was replaced with a solid red light. 

Anyone have any ideas at all please?

13 REPLIES 13

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried unplugging all the Pods, and plug them back in, one at a time near the Hub, so they can pair up again?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @mark1603,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue, what we would recommend you try is what @Adduxi has advised and to unplug all the pods and pair them back to the Hub, have you also checked on the Connect app to show if the Pod still appears there? You can get the Connect app here.

Cheers. Joe

Never thought about that to be honest. I’ll give it a try and see what happens. Thank you.

mark1603
Joining in

So after switching all off, pods and hub 5, I reboot, in order of hub first, then each pod. I now have the same pod still showing a solid white light, and now a second pod with continuous red flashing light and getting rather warm. 

In that I now also have a real dissapointing signal upstairs and outside. 

Help???

mark1603
Joining in

got to add, both pods with issues show on the app but with a X beside them.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @mark1603,

Thank you for coming back to us about your ongoing WiFi Pod query. Have you been able to take a look at our Connect App to see if this can help rectify your issue?

Please also take a look at our WiFi Pod help page to see if this can help reset your WiFi Pods and get them back up and running.

Let us know how you get on and let us know if you need any further help or assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

mark1603
Joining in

So after doing everything both via your collective advice and using the app, I am still in the same position. 2 pods, one permanently flashing red and one permanently with a white solid light and fan running. The app picks up the red flashing one but won’t connect but won’t find the one with the white light at all. 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

...life was easy when everyone had to buy their own router... 

---------------------------------------------------------------

So after doing everything both via your collective advice and using the app, I am still in the same position. 2 pods, one permanently flashing red and one permanently with a white solid light and fan running. The app picks up the red flashing one but won’t connect but won’t find the one with the white light at all.