cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Owed money from VM and compensation for bad connection

ASDFG
Tuning in

Dear VM and prospective customers

I had poor connection from Virgin Media and was advised by them to upgrade to a 'better' and more expensive package.  This resulted in an increase in my bills but it did not correct the issues and I was advised I had entered a new contract - rather than this being treated as an extension of my original contract. 

I gave notice to VM and despite this they continued my contract - which has now been cancelled.

I am owed both compensation for bad broadband service which they indicated they would process and I am owed credit from my account which they have held onto. 

Furthermore, they were due to attend to collect their equipment which they failed to do.  I waited in all day - following their very intimidating letter that I would owe them circa £200 if it failed to be returned.  Today they sent me an email saying that they would post a return package for it to be returned via post but that this could take 2 weeks to arrive. 

How can VM get away with such poor Customer Service and what does Richard Brandson have to say about these posts.  Big corporations bullying customers who have little to no recourse.  

Avoid this company at all costs!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

How can VM get away with such poor Customer Service and what does Richard Brandson have to say about these posts.

The regulator OFCOM is currently investigating Virginmedia's customer service after receiving many complaints. We will have to see whether the company's US owners can be persuaded to improve the way they treat their customers.

Richard Branson has nothing to do with Virginmedia apart from licensing the Virgin brand name.  Perhaps he should consider whether his brand's value is being maintained by its use in this way.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ASDFG thanks for your post here in the Community, although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

Please allow me to send you a PM so we can look into things further for you here.

Kindly expect the PM to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

How can VM get away with such poor Customer Service and what does Richard Brandson have to say about these posts.

The regulator OFCOM is currently investigating Virginmedia's customer service after receiving many complaints. We will have to see whether the company's US owners can be persuaded to improve the way they treat their customers.

Richard Branson has nothing to do with Virginmedia apart from licensing the Virgin brand name.  Perhaps he should consider whether his brand's value is being maintained by its use in this way.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

ASDFG
Tuning in

I have not accepted this answer as a resolution Virgin Media!!!

NO PM and NO RESOLUTION.  

AVOID THIS BUSINESS COMPLETELY.  

Hi ASDFG,

Sorry that you haven't received a private message from Tom! 

I'll send you one now so we can get this looked into further. 

Speak to you soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L