cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outside fibre cable too short

JamieSanderson
Joining in

Hello, I just got 1 gig fibre switched on yesterday. The speeds are stabilising no problems in that regard.  However, the cable running into my flat is way too short.  I'm getting around 6 inches which isn't even enough to let the router sit on the floor! Is there anyway an engineer can be booked out to sort this issue? 

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Legend

This reads like a self install situation where it would help to be able to extend from a short wall cable using a cable joiner like the ones below plus the cable provided with the VM Hub.

These are F Type cable joiners, available from eBay & Screwfix etc.

Client62_0-1691692237749.jpeg

Thanks for the advice.  I do wonder if the wire would benefit from being replaced. It looks to be quite old and the installation is very poor 

1691693310396101307446997783531.jpg

1691693372844485380398400678535.jpg

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your missing an isolator, you need a technician to install an isolator and then a longer cable.  The forum team should be able to arrange a visit 

Client62
Legend

Oh la la

Hi @JamieSanderson 👋 Thank you for your posts and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to see the situation with the cable 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel