Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Outage in DA15

According to the phone and the online test in the app there is service disruption.  According to the service status there is not.  Been told the issue is affecting multiple users in my area - can anyone else confirm they are having issues with broadband (not getting a WAN IP or network access)?

Also @virgin if this is affecting multiple users in my area why on earth not update the service status to reflect this rather than pretending it is fine?

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Outage in DA15

Its possibly because VM Areas are not "geographic" - I am Area 20 in Manchester - as are others on here in London 200 miles away.

So, as well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers 1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers. See if its listed there first

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Interesting had not realised that the regions were that wide spread.  Alas the number (also new to me) agrees there is no issue but customer service are still telling me it is impacting multiple users. I will just have to frustratedly reset the hub every 4 hours as they asked

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

It "could be affecting" just a small number of customers on a street for example and so it hasn't even made it to the "local" problem number - or it could just be duff information from a CS agent to placate you 🙂

To check/monitor/record your service disruptions (i.e. "dropoffs") set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM to prove to them it is happening - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Will have a look at that once I get it back up and running.  Currently run smokeping in a docker container which I guess does similar in terms of providing a picture over time

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Yes thats fine - but the TB BQM is the one that VM will take notice of though... as its simpler to interpret what's going on. Nothing to lose as its free and the pictures are pretty 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi talexander

How are things looking now?

I tried to run a check on your Hub and its not showing online 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Still down as far as I can tell.  There was some life in it earlier but switching to modern mode caused the same endless loop of not getting a WAN IP etc.  Have reset back to defaults again but still just looping through.  Has the maintenance being carried out been completed?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hello talexander,

It is  looking more than likely to be an area issue, Nothing set in concrete yet with no further updates. But if you are still having issue in the next hour or so, Keep trying the service status page 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Still nothing and the behaviour seems unchanged - reset and it boots but never gets a WAN IP and log is filled with errors like:

Time Priority Description

01/01/1970 00:06:43criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:06:37noticeLAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:02:39criticalDHCP FAILED - Discover sent, no offer received;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
09/07/2020 19:41:50criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
0 Kudos