forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Andi-Leach29
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Outage help

My service has been intermittent for 2 days but now my WiFi will not reconnect at all, so no TV or landlines either.

I've gone through all the obvious steps over & over, with no joy. Why do the status checks say there isn't a problem? What is the problem? Does anyone know when all will be resolved.

I'm disabled & bed bound, so I feel even more isolated than usual. If I had some clues then I could stop repeating the process of rebooting continually. Thank u

Andi

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Outage help

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), have you tried the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on the 0800 number they may not have logged it yet - I will flag for VM to come hera and take a look so they should respond on here tomorrow.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Andi-Leach29
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank u

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andi-Leach29, 

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your services, I wasn't able to check things our end as unable to locate your account with the details we have for you.

so I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Andi-Leach29
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Paul, all is working now, thankfully. The account is in my daughter's name, which wasn't very helpful to u 🤪.

Now that I've signed up, if there are more problems, I'll get in touch. Tbh, after lockdown we are changing suppliers, unfortunately. 

Thanks

Andi 

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Andi-Leach29,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. You mentioned that the services are back up and running in your post however I've checked your details to make sure and can see that the TV tuner input levels have a problem which will require an engineer out. Can you confirm on your side whether you're having problems or are they okay now?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Andi-Leach29
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Lisa, thank goodness that someone is helping. 😁

After all the outages everywhere, I thought that was my problem too. However, last night I realised that whenever one of leads from the hub to my tivo box, is moved, the wi-fi & tv stop working. I have put a splint around it temporarily, to keep it still until help arrives 🤣.

Andi

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that information Andi-Leach29. 

What I will do now is private message you to get some details so we can assist. 

^Martin

0 Kudos