cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outage RM6

Nel2
Joining in

Is anyone still experiencing intermittent problems with the WiFi in RM6?

I received messages from virgin yesterday saying it had all been fixed but then last night it was off again. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Nel2 

Try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more localised issues down to postcode level.

Whilst not ideal it's probably a better indicator of known problems and should also show the latest estimated date/time for the fault to be repaired.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Nel2 

Try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more localised issues down to postcode level.

Whilst not ideal it's probably a better indicator of known problems and should also show the latest estimated date/time for the fault to be repaired.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Nel2 

Welcome to the community forums. Sorry to hear you were having service issues this week. I have checked the systems at our side and can see that there was an area issue raised that could have been causing your issue. This has now been closed as resolved, are you still having service issues at all?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi

I've not been around much today but the problems appear to be intermittent. It was fine after it was fixed but then late at night it went again so I feel that it is not truly resolved. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What is being reported on the 0800 number?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hello Nel2

Sorry to hear of the service issues experienced impacting your wireless networks. We appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

It's been a few days since your post and there was an SNR issue in your area earlier this week that has now been resolved, have you noticed any improvements since posting?

Rob